Make A Difference. Be A Hospice Volunteer.
Do you want to make a difference for people at the end of their life journey?
Hub Hospice Palliative Care volunteers fill the gap between the family and the professional caregivers. Volunteers are trained to provide support to patients and their families, and are adaptive to changes as lead by the patient’s interest and needs. Hospice volunteers may be unpaid, but
they are priceless.
Hospice & Palliative Care Training Course
Hub Hospice Palliative Care visiting volunteers must complete an approved 30 hour program mandated by the Hospice Association of Ontario. The training brings together volunteers for a time of shared learning and relationship building. At the end of the training program, volunteers will have the knowledge and skill to offer invaluable end-of-life companionship and support.
Compassion. Comfort. Caring
If you have already decided to take the next steps, please download and complete the Volunteer Application Form to reserve your training spot.
If you are thinking about becoming a hospice volunteer, but have unanswered questions, please reach out. Hub Hospice Palliative Care welcomes your phone calls and emails, and our friendly team of volunteers will gladly answer your queries.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Are you interested in supporting us in a meaningful way, but don’t feel you are in a place in your life to be a visiting volunteer? That’s okay! There are so many other ways you can help to be a part of this compassionate organization.
Just have an hour or two to spare now and again?
• Provide baking in November and December for visiting volunteers tea
• Assist with organizing individual orders when the tree order arrives in the spring.
It is just one large order that needs to be broken down into the individual orders.
• Volunteer at Hike for Hospice in May
• Distribute posters now and again that let the community know about upcoming support events and fundraising activities
• Attend our events—that’s right, just coming out for something like an advance care planning seminar is a way to support us!
Want to make a more long-term commitment?
• Join one of our committees; share your talents
• Develop a fundraising activity and make it happen (with help, of course!)
• Work to get your friends, your workplace, your school aware and involved in hospice/ palliative care
Want to think outside the box?
• Bake something yummy and sell it to your friends and neighbours to raise money and awareness of HHPC
• Make some pretty bracelets. key chains or other craft items for the same reasons
• Educate yourself about how we help members of our community and spread the word!
• Donate something we can use for a silent auction item at an event we might have coming up
• Drop a loonie a day into a jar marked “for HHPC.” Put the jar on your desk or kitchen counter and see if the jar fills up more quickly with help from family and friends.
And of course, cash donations are always welcome and gratefully accepted. Consider donating, either on a one-time basis or on a monthly basis.
There are so many ways you can show your support. Let us know if you have an idea! We offer support (for example, poster design and press release development) if you have an event you want to hold. Send an email to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch!